Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to play online games

I am unable to play any online game due to the lag spikes and latency. I was told it would be improved but still no change.

If the fix is to wait for the lockdown to end, I should get a refund because I am on the 500mbs package, which should garuantee high availability but it has been unusable for the past month. Either give me a refund or provide the service I and many others are paying for!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5dfc297ba4c4852aea19456c23266a73eeb14745-26-04-2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to play online games

Unfortunately there is no SLA for residential broadband, only for Business. I think if the lower limits of speed are breached, you may be able to cancel the contract without penalty. Otherwise with an additional several million people at home, you may just have to wait.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to play online games

Are you connected to WiFi? It is always recommended to hard wire if your device allows you to for online gaming to prevent lag and latency issues. I find gaming on my laptop and switch fine over WiFi though, however I have my xbox hard wired and haven't tried wifi on that. 

0 Kudos