Menu
daveo77
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect or login to Battle.net app, WoW or mobile app

Hi.

Battle.net, WoW and Mobile App will not connect on my home broadband, if I switch to VPN (UK) it will connect and I can play. The mobile app works via 4G, but not of WiFi (via my home broadband).

It was working fine yesterday up until 5pm when I switched off PC to have dinner. Switched on PC afterwards and it won’t connect/login, tho I can access website and forums without issues and all other sites load fine and have tested that my internet is working.

I have switched off both router and Virgin Media hub, then first booted up hub (which is in modem mode), then booted up router.

I’m using OpenDNS for my DNS servers, as I know that my Virgin Media's DNS servers can be unreliable. I also doubt this is this issue, as game was working yesterday and I’ve been using OpenDNS for years with no issues.

Starting to think it’s something to do with my Virgin Media, if things work via VPN and mobile app works via 4G.

UPDATE 

After further tests, which involved resetting the router’s DNS servers to Virgin Media's DNS servers. The same issue is still occurring, no connection/unable to login to Battle.net, WoW or mobile app.

So that rules out a DNS issue on my end, but doesn’t rule out any issues with Virgin Media. Unable to find anything that’s been reported to Virgin Media about connection issues with Battle.net, WoW or mobile app.

0 Kudos
daveo77
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect or login to Battle.net app, WoW or mobile app

Changed DNS server from OpenDNS to Google then rebooted my router, and I can now connect/login to Battle.net, WoW and mobile app.

Any ideas how I fix issue with OpenDNS ?

0 Kudos
daveo77
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to connect or login to Battle.net app, WoW or mobile app

Finally found the real issue.

Battle.net's IP had become blocked in the router's firewall.

Unblocked & whitelisted it, switched back to OpenDNS, and all is fine.

Battle.net loads, game loads, and mobile app works. Not sure why Battle.net's IP had become blocked, but at least issue is finally resolved.

0 Kudos