cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tp link speed.

stuy28
Tuning in

Hi have 2gb tp link lan upstairs and down. 1gb speed from hub but only getting 130mb upstairs to computer with 1gb lan board. I've tried all different cat cables highest available but no difference. Any help appreciated. The tower if lan to hub is fine with speeds it pin points to tp link. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm guessing the "TP-Link" kit are powerline adapters?  They rely on your house wiring and circuits, so they never really work well.  They are at best a decent stop gap for people who don't want or can't install a proper cable solution. Don't forget, if you are thinking of cables, they can be run outside of a property to get from one floor to another, it is not restricted to internals.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yes power line are limited for what they can do you need to run Ethernet upstairs

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm guessing the "TP-Link" kit are powerline adapters?  They rely on your house wiring and circuits, so they never really work well.  They are at best a decent stop gap for people who don't want or can't install a proper cable solution. Don't forget, if you are thinking of cables, they can be run outside of a property to get from one floor to another, it is not restricted to internals.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks