Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terrible internet speed and download

Xbox one x showa 400mbs wired/wireless but downloads and general internet access from it is in kbps....Fortnite taking 10 hours to update. Reset router, reset Xbox, test the lines, turned off all equipment for 30 mins, pc updates Fortnite etc at normal speed as does PS4 etc..Xbox one only one having issues that were not there yesterday. 

wth? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible internet speed and download

Hi

If your speed tests are showing good speeds then your issue appears to be Microsoft's servers and not your VM broadband. Thanks, Marty

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin Media however all responses are based on my experiences in the field and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Marty.

I have two xboxs beside each other both downloading the same games..one downloads at 100mb+ and the other..32k...

It's 2020...isn't there software than can just tell us exactly where the bottle neck is either in the wires, Microsoft connections or something else? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It will be Microsoft’s servers limiting bandwidth.

Try power cycling the console or pausing and resuming the update after a few minutes and you might get load-balanced into a better download server. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos