Menu
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Super slow speeds on Xbox One until I disconnect and reconnect the Wi-Fi

I'm using a Superhub 2 and an Xbox One X in instant on mode. The console is less than 3 feet from the router, but unfortunately the ethernet port on it is broken so I'm forced to use Wi-Fi.

When I turn the console on after it's been off for several hours, the Wi-Fi connection is super slow, but only when it comes to downstream speeds. Images fail to load on the home screens. If I do a speed test, I get a max of 5 Mbps down, but around 20 Mbps up. If I try and download something on the console, it'll trickle along at Kbps. I have issues staying connected to game servers in games like Forza Horizon 4.

However, if I turn my console on, put it into offline mode so it disconnects from the router, then put it back into online mode again so it reconnects, it works fine. The download speed goes back up to normal and I have no issues with game servers.

It's only a minor inconvenience cos it only has to be done once I boot my console up, then things are fine until the next time I turn it off for a few hours and turn it back on again, but I don't understand why this is happening.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super slow speeds on Xbox One until I disconnect and reconnect the Wi-Fi

Hi Sigma,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with our internet services and this is affecting your gaming pleasure.

I have asked advice on this and can we confirm if it is the port on our router that is broken or the port on your XboxOne?

If it is the port on our router we will need to address this and have the equipment replaced for you.

Please can you let me know regarding the above and we can get this arranged?

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, Jodi.

It's the ethernet port on the console that's broken.

Is there any way I can get a Superhub 4? I'm willing to pay for one if necessary. I'm still on a Superhub 2 (the regular one, not the AC version) and the Wi-Fi performance really isn't that great.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sigma,

Thanks for coming back to me. Unfortunately the Superhub 4 is not available currently but will be coming shortly. You do have the option of upgrading to a Superhub 3 but as the Superhub 4 will be available soon it's up to you if your happy to wait a little longer or upgrade now.

Remotely checking from the details you have provided through your community profile, we can see that there are no issues showing. 

All power levels are within specification and there are no area faults which are affecting you. 

You could opt for WiFi boosters whilst you wait for the SH4 to be released to if this improves your speed and connection in the meantime?

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. If the Superhub 4 is being made more widely available soon, I'll just wait.

Any ETA on when I'll be able to get one?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sigma,

Sorry for the late reply, 

At the moment the hub 4 is only available to upfrade to with the 1G speeds,

We will be rolling this out to be available for lower tiers, but we've no communication on when this is, eligible customer would be contacted however 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos