Menu
pipstaa94
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 3 replacement

I think my hub is faulty and I need a replacement for it, I was having loads of disconnection issues with it previously and then I put it into modem mode with a router that has worked perfectly before.

I am losing the 5g signal constantly and the speeds are really bad, I am on the 200 package and still getting 30-40 through a cat6 wired connection.

Also my pc network adapter is fine and should be picking up 1gb speeds, yet it is locked to 100....

is the box faulty or is there something I can do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 3 replacement

Hi pipstaa94,

Thanks for your post.

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your broadband. Are there any known issues in your area showing here: virg.in/service    that could explain the issues you are having?

If there is nothing listed there, please sign in and run the further checks on your account and equipment. 

Are there any lights lit up on your hub? If there are, which ones are they and what colour are they?

Regards

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 3 replacement

you have tried modem mode with your own router previously and all was fine - do i therefor assume you have tried that this time and its not fine

if so then post some levels

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if you have not tried modem mode this time then do that and run a wired test with just one device connected to the hub3 - post whatever speed you get then try adding your own router

if you are seeing 100 wired the levels might give some clue but check nothing has changed for the network card settings and try another lan cable - cat5e or better

Tony
0 Kudos