cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden 10-20% packet loss

SymTax
On our wavelength

Good morning,

Over the past 12 hours or so, I've suddenly started experiencing some very frustrating packet loss. I've got no idea how to fix it. I've briefly tried turning it off and on again (Always surprised how often this helps) but unfortunately it's had no effect. 

Annoyingly I had a very similar problem this time last year, which was resolved by an Engineer visit. I'm not expecting that this is the same issue coming back again, but I'm not sure how I'm able to resolve it.

I'm on a wired connection to the router. I've checked all cables and everything is connected properly, no damage to anything. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

15b73ee56e462f8785fd21b9975b9345bb688c7c

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, that's bad packet loss.  Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Also post the power levels and network log from the Hub, thanks

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SymTax

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

I have had a look into your account and I can see that there is a an outage in your area at the moment. 

The estimated fix time for this March 23rd at 9.05pm. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused, but hopefully this work will help improve the overall service. 

Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this time? 

Thank you.