Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Streaming to Mixer/Twitch/Youtube - Upload speed dropping

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my problem.

I have recently started streaming to mixer as a newfound hobby uploading via OBS at 5000kbps which has been fine the past 2 weeks since i started doing this, But the past 3 nights i get to about 8pm and my upload seems to take  massive dive to about 3Mbps which results in dropped frames and cuts my sessions short.

After some investigations i figured out it is not mixer as streaming to twitch/you tube has the same results dropped frames and disconnection, I also ran the diagnostic tool via the virgin media account tool about 12am this morning and i got given this error (posted below in a attachment). 

So if someone could help iron out some answers if its me/ congestion/ Network in my area needs fixing or Covid 19 related it would really be appreciated. 

Wibbzy 101243455_265949231274959_8498478859774066688_n.pngError i received during my diagnostic testError i received during my diagnostic test  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming to Mixer/Twitch/Youtube - Upload speed dropping

@Wibbzy Your speed test image has been rejected as it contained your WAN IP address. Posting personal info is against the forum rules to protect your privacy. There are share options on the Speedtest.net site that allow you to share your results without exposing your IP address.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming to Mixer/Twitch/Youtube - Upload speed dropping

Hi Wibbzy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you've been having some issue with the connection. 

I've had a look and can see you're currently affected by an area SNR issue. The fault reference number for this is F008080368   with an estimated fix time of 8th June.

Please let us know if you're still experiencing problems after this date. 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos