Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Streaming on mixer issue cut out and pixelation

Good afternoon all,

I'm not a professional person and doing it as a hobby, I've got the Xbox one, the Xbox one S and the Xbox one X,

When I'm streaming games all seems to be going good no problems what so ever BUT when my moderators and followers watch me live (yes including myself via another device) always seem to get lots of pixelation or it cuts to the mixer waiting page,

I've changed all the settings multiple times, then I reached out to mixer (M) and followed what they had emailed me with the settings to use, and then ran a few tests, they then asked me to reach out to my ISP (Virgin media (VM)) after 2 phone calls today I've had restrictions removed? Didn't know I had any, after being told speed was too slow for my package, had to reset my router etc,

After running another test stream I'm still getting the same issues, so I reached out onto Twitter and VM asked a few questions then pointed me here?

1) I am not a professional streamer

2) yes I would like to grow my channel and have better content on the video output, as your followers wouldn't want to miss out on something to to a cut out or lots of pixelation at that moment of time,

So any and all help would be appropriated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming on mixer issue cut out and pixelation

Hi RacketSpoon17,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues whilst gaming.

I've checked your equipment and the hubs specifications are what we would expect, no issues showing.

It does however show some WiFi coverage issues around the home, I can see you're using your Xbox's via a wireless connection. Are these able to be moved onto an Ethernet connection?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, in fact I have 3 Xbox one's and 2 Xbox 360, I've been running test but wired and wireless and getting same results, all devices are in clear line of sight to the hub and still having issues,

I've seen something within the hub in regards to something like QoS and set the Xbox that I'm using to take priority, will be running more tests later today,

I will say this that your Tec team on the phone are 0/10 and when passing over to the other Tec team they are going to charge me money for them to talk me through setting? He'll no!

I signed up for my equipment to be working from the go, any and all maintenance or repairs are free to the customer then getting told will be changed? No way!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you want a better router or setup that supports QOS you need to purchase it yourself.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any confusion over what was advised RacketSpoon17,

The service they would be referring to would be our Gadget Rescue team, for help with third party devices/ set up.

As most likely they've been through diagnostics and found no fault with the hub or Network as I didn't. This could possibly point to it being an equipment issue.

Please keep us posted with the other tests you run later today.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos