Menu
TeeOh
Tuning in
Message 81 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Re: Steps to fix Area 15 issue (Packet loss)

Same issue here -- been happening since Dec 21st early in the afternoon. Constant packet loss, ping spikes and disconnects, and all Virgin do is take you through the standard troubleshooting with no interest in actually helping. Even the forum moderators acknowledge it's an issue, but the service status still says that all is OK. 

For those of you in a Hyperoptic coverage area, I highly suggest you consider switching: https://www.hyperoptic.com 

Reliable service and don't ignore customers when there's a problem. Up to 1Gbps fibre connections.

BlazeUFC
Tuning in
Message 82 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I was actually looking at hyperoptic, especially since I only use broadband. This has solely ruined my qualification for ePremier League on FIFA, so thats always appreciated.

Let's see how this week pans out.

0 Kudos
all129
On our wavelength
Message 83 of 95
Flag for a moderator

@BlazeUFC

Yep, you are not alone.  No evidence so far that VM's treatment of N London  is favouring Arsenal supporters over Spurs.  And they seem happy to take Hammers fans too.  Probably O's too.  NB not meSmiley Embarassed.  

If you upgraded because VM staff in any way suggested that doing so would solve your problem then I suggest you phone and ask to cancel the upgrade on the basis you were misled.

Indeed, if you upgraded simply because you hoped it would do so then I suggest you phone and seek cancel as the sole basis of your action was the problem with your service..

0 Kudos
BlazeUFC
Tuning in
Message 84 of 95
Flag for a moderator

The upgrade was completely free and no extra monthly charges will incur, but that isn't the issue. The underlying issue still stands, and I still am being kicked off my games. Literally unplayable when 15 minutes (game time) into a game, I get DCed. So stupid.

A follow up is in order.

FYI: United fan living in London, ready for the onslaught. 😉

0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 95
Flag for a moderator

The whole thing is shockingly bad, still no official word from VM its a disgrace. is it getting fixed or not?
samuarl
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 95
Flag for a moderator

@BlazeUFC wrote:

The upgrade was completely free and no extra monthly charges will incur

The upgrade may have been free, but I think a mid term change in package may mean an agreement to locking in a new 12 month contract? May be worth checking.

0 Kudos
LDN_ALPHA
Tuning in
Message 87 of 95
Flag for a moderator

This is just a joke, same mine started **bleep** up as soon as I finished work on the 21st of December, and still no fix, anyone on Xbox one? GT: LDN ALPHA TEMPz 

the engineer that came out to me told me it was the HUB 3.0 that was the problem, so he said either downgrade to a hub 2 or connect another router to your hub 3 lol

0 Kudos
VermeerF
Tuning in
Message 88 of 95
Flag for a moderator

@LDN_ALPHA wrote:

the engineer that came out to me told me it was the HUB 3.0 that was the problem, so he said either downgrade to a hub 2 or connect another router to your hub 3 lol

I have a hub 2ac so that's a load of bullsht.

LDN_ALPHA
Tuning in
Message 89 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Exactly, and that’s apparenlt what his manger has told him to say, so it is being covered up

BlazeUFC
Tuning in
Message 90 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I hope that hasn't locked me into another 12 months... I'll have to check after work today.