Menu
Mundo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Stadia Streaming Limits

I am thinking of getting Stadia when it comes out for my 4k TV, but not sure if there is a download/streaming limit as 4k stuff will be pretty heavy on the bandwidth front

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stadia Streaming Limits

Virgin don't have download limits, netflix and Amazon 4k content needs about 25meg   download speed, I watch hours of them without issue

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Mundo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The issue will be latency, and VM naturally has higher latency than ADSL for example, i would hold off until they launch the free tier and seeing if you can find a cheap game to test it with before dropping cash on the 4k experience

0 Kudos
tekmobile
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@shanematthews wrote:

The issue will be latency, and VM naturally has higher latency than ADSL for example, i would hold off until they launch the free tier and seeing if you can find a cheap game to test it with before dropping cash on the 4k experience

I've been using GeForce now for quite a while with zero latency issues can't wait to get my hands on the founders pack 

--------
I do not work for virgin media any opinions I have are my own
I will help out when possible but know that some information may be incorrect or out of date

If you find any post helpful don't forget to click the kudos button and mark answers as helpful as this may help other users with the same questions
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same here - already put my dosh down 😉
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:
Same here - already put my dosh down 😉

Personally i'll just stick to my PC, i mean we're both going to have to pay full retail prices for games anyway 😛

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah but I won't be paying for the free ones that come with it- and they are free, been confirmed by the price of Stadia alone
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sure but the only one i see of note is destiny 2 which is going free to play this year anyway

0 Kudos
tekmobile
Superfast
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@shanematthews wrote:

Sure but the only one i see of note is destiny 2 which is going free to play this year anyway

Only the base version is going free to play you have to pay for all the add-on content such as the upcoming shadowkeep something that the premium members get included for free

--------
I do not work for virgin media any opinions I have are my own
I will help out when possible but know that some information may be incorrect or out of date

If you find any post helpful don't forget to click the kudos button and mark answers as helpful as this may help other users with the same questions
0 Kudos