cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spikes and packet loss - wired connection

Theneils
Tuning in

Hello

My son is complaining about packet loss and spikes. We have a new router and a new ethernet cable, but he still has the issues. He has ASD and this is causing major issues in the house - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (I do not understand any of this - so please use simple speak).

Thank you

Kind Regards

Georgina Neil

36 REPLIES 36

Theneils_0-1663860425603.png

This is today and here is a link to the live graph:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9812bfdebb0cd53136468e7efd318afd15935b8a

Hi Theneils,

Please can you set up a fresh/live BQM using this link again as the above wasn't working, please make sure you don't had anything personal like your I P address, once added you will look further into this for you.

Can you also run a speed test using Sam Knows Real Speed.

Regards

Paul.

Hi,

did you manage to resolve your issues? Your BQM is the first I’ve seen similar to mine, huge square chunks of latency coupled with constant spikes.

Hi

Not yet - I have purchased a router, but haven't had time to install it yet. I've given up asking Virgin, one engineer they sent didn't even know why he was here and when I mentioned spikes and packet loss he had no idea. Another engineer suggested a mesh system - but that is to improve wifi and not wired connections. My 14 year old seems to know more than Virgin and he suggested a router - so that is our next step!

Hi @Monkey_marlow thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns here.

There doesn't appear to be any issues on the line I can see at the moment, so would you please be able to post a live BQM here and we can investigate further?

How have things been since your post?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

thank you for taking the time to reply. i made a post which I’ll link Below with everything you need.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Just-had-enough-now/m-p/5155616#M75698

Kind regards

monkey

Thank you Monkey_marlow, 

I can see my colleague has replied to your thread. 

We will continue to assist you from there. 

Thanks, 

Nat