Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slower connection wired than wireless

Hi, basically I just moved house, it was a problem to get the internet here because the moving department was closed due to coronavirus. As soon as we got internet at our home I notice that wireless connection is much more faster than wired, that wasn't a problem before we moved. I also noticed that sometimes wired connection is going up to 100mbps download and then goes really fast to 2mbps when doing speed test one after another(We are using M100 Fibre Broadband). I tried to restart the router for 50 seconds but it didn't help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slower connection wired than wireless

Sounds like your Network Card is set to 100Mbs, see if you can change it to 1000Mbs.

Or if you have another Cat5 / Cat6 cable, just to test.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keon,

I am a Virgin Technician and due to the COVID-19 I am self-isolating :(, I am unable to help customers in person and so i am available to help others with my personal experience gained from years of solving many complex service and installations jobs.

I could do a diagnostic for you if you wish? Pm me and i can try to help further.

Leave a Kudo if this helps. 

Kind regards,

Virgin Media Field Technician.

Afshin

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My network Card is already set at 1000Mbs, and I also tried many different cables.
0 Kudos