cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload

wolffy439
Tuning in

For the last week my upload on the PS5 has dropped to around 3mb! My download is fine around 890mb. The upload has always been around 30mb, but since Virgin has been down the last few days my upload will not alter. It is fine if I connect a laptop and do a check, but the PS 5 seems stuck at at 3-5mb upload. 
I am on 360 full gig package with a hub 4 and Ethernet wired connection. 

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Alessandro Volta

"It is fine if I connect a laptop and do a check, but the PS 5 seems stuck at at 3-5mb upload" - so this in not a VM service or a Hub issue.

This reads like there is only an issue with the PS5's speed test or Sony's back end servers operating their speed test.

Apart from the low upload reported on a speed test does the PS5 work ok in normal usage ?

wolffy439
Tuning in
  • The connection gets a bit laggy and the ping is not as good as it was. I have more strange connections issues, since the mass connection problems not only has the PS5 dropped its upload, my sons connection on his computer has dropped his download to 90mb but is upload is 59mb?  
    I think I will unplug the ethernet cables and swap them around and see if it is the ports on the hub that are the issue. 
    stand by

"my sons connection on his computer has dropped his download to 90mb but is upload is 59mb?"

Out of spec network cable and the Hub or computer are de-rated the connection from 1000 to 100 Mb/s

Mm, it is Cat 6 cable, but it has been installed for 18 months and does run outside, so I suppose there is a possibility that it’s degrading, but I would have thought it would have just quit working rather start loosing connection speed, and perhaps the PS5 is unrelated. 
I will purchase some new cable and see if this solves the issue with the computer. His knows about the PS5, nobody is reporting any problems from the PlayStation network side.

also noticed my two the wi fi hubs have lost connection with the hub 4 and will not reconnect, wether this is connected I don’t know. No big issue as they are only to boost the wi fi for Alexa upstairs. 
Stand by. 

Hi @wolffy439 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with speeds and your WiFi pods. We can understand the frustration both issues may have caused you. Please let us know how testing the new cable goes. Also, I can see you recently contacted our team regarding this WiFi pod issue. Does the issue still persist? Do you need any further help?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

you are sending replacement wi fi pods, however the upload is till locked at 3.2 mb on the PS5, this is NOT a PS5 issue as tested on friends internet, the download is fine but since the Virgin blackout O have only 3 .3 mb upload!!

We're glad to hear the WiFi pod has been ordered. Is that the same on all devices or just the PS5?

^Martin

It seems to be the PS 5 only, still got a good download 859 - 900 but upload has froze at below 5mb since Virgin went down. The WI Fi pod came (only one!) but still will not connect. Phoned up Virgin again, after ages said there was a problem and someone will call me in 24 hrs, this was over 48 hrs ago!  I asked them to replace the hub 4 with a hub 5 as I have had numerous problems since having the hub 4 and upgrading to 360. I am supposed to have the top package so why not the top hub?

Thanks

Hi @wolffy439 

As the issue you're experiencing is specific to one device and everything appears to be working as it should on others, this indicates the problem may be with the PS5. 

I have had a look at our systems and can see you spoke with our team regarding the issue with your Pod and hub swap. They were able to replace the Hub 4 with a 5 as requested. 

Let me know if we can assist with anything else. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs