Menu
PJV2097
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Shadow Cloud Gaming — poor performance

Hi

I've been using https://shadow.tech/ quite happily for the past year or so, but in the past two weeks, with no change in circumstance or settings, performance has become very poor. Latency is high, and there is frequent packet loss, and thus despite a speed of 50mb/s, the experience stutter constantly.

I am using a MacBook Air, with the latest version of Big Sur, and the latest Shadow client. I am on wifi, but only a couple of meters from the router (and this was never an issue before).

Can anyone please advise how best to start fixing the issue?

Many thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shadow Cloud Gaming — poor performance

Let's see how latency and packet loss are on your connection: Setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi PJV2097,

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you're having this issue with your broadband services recently. 
I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding maintenance in the area. 
This is due to be fixed  - 12 MAY 2021 15:00 - but please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this work wrapped up as soon as possible for you.

If you still have the same issues after this maintenance has been completed we will of course continue to help.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!
Thanks, 
Megan_L

0 Kudos
PJV2097
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It seems like it's gone back to normal this morning?

0 Kudos
PJV2097
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes. In typical fashion, it is better again today. Good one day, bad the next ...

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update and glad to hear this has improved. Keep the BQM's in place so if this does happen in the future you already have the additional information ot hand.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos