Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Security protocal

So my sons xbox will not work with the virgin broardband it has worked the last few months a few weeks ago he couldnt sign in as was stating securty protocal, you need to reset your router, we cannot  usr this now or stream any games or films, which is the  whole reason we went witb your company, after speaking to 8 people for 2 qnd a half hours the  other day we still cannot connext the xbox as the internet is blocking it.....can any1 help with  resetting the settings on my router please 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Configuration

How ca i reconfigure my hub as it has stopped me streaming games and movies see attatched photo  for the error message 

Screenshot_20200521-104544_Messenger.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Configuration

While we wait for admin to approve your image could you give more details please. 

What sites are you trying to stream from etc. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security protocal

@Bird1981 Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

There are instructions for resetting the hub here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-your-hub

This will reset to the default passwords and wireless settings as they were when the hub was delivered, so if you have made any changes to the hub then they will be lost.  You might need to hold in the pinhole reset button for more than the 10 seconds it says on that help page.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos