Menu
Shuman
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rubber Banding in Video Games

This is a recent problem and only started a few day ago.

So I have tried everything under the sun to try and get my finger round why I am getting this problem. My first guess is that its something to do with my network however I don't seen to be changing much in Ping. I checked my firewall to see if that was issue and nope. I checked if I was losing packets nope. I checked all my hardware and updated all drivers nope. Tried different config setting to start csgo up and running out of ideas. Only thing I can think of is my internet hub but then again I'm not getting any loss of data. Also tried playing on a community map on my own with bots and worked fine its only multiplayer.

I have also tried cmd pinging to google dns server and my own and get one very large spike every now and then. 

ping spike.png

Here is a video that might help understand the type of lag. It happens every 30 second or so and it not major but is really off putting when playing a game like csgo. Lag time stamps : 0:05, 1:02 1:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTF3VCgSOGw&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=TheShuman

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubber Banding in Video Games

Setup a BQM, then post a link to a shared, live graph.  It'll usually need 24 hours data before we can conclude anything useful.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Shuman
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay thank you 

0 Kudos
Shuman
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The good news is that although there's a few spikes, your connection looks pretty good.  Which would suggest that the rubber banding is more likely down to internet traffic routing or gaming server capacity issues outside VM's control.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Shuman
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No worries thank you for the help 

0 Kudos
rf96
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having some similar issues and was wondering if anyone would be able to take a look at my BQM... 

Between about 16:45 and 17:30 i attempted to play a game and got so fed up with the latency that I turned my console off.

There is a period of about 20 minutes where my router was off recently so ignore the bit with packet loss.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/cdf5328ffe8e80752b29253d0b9782cf1a...

0 Kudos