Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rockstar woes (gtav,rdr2) connection issues

Hey folk, first post but a goody nevertheless. It's got my head spinning. 
Rockstar games online. Just been in a chat with their support (since 05.30, until 15.40) trying absolutely everything to get me connected online. Grand theft auto says rockstar game services aren't available right now, read dead redemption 2 gives me error code 0x50000006. I've opened about 20 ports, cleared mac addresses, and redone them) deactivated/reactivated upnp, disconnected, restored, and rebooted my router (hub3) full factory reset of my Xbox. And I've all but given up. 
Now, it works on my phones hotspot, and it worked on the router 2 days ago, but now nothing. It was when I confirmed to Rockstar that it works on another network, that they told me to get in touch with my ISP. I'm 38 years old and feel like rage quitting like a 10 year old, and trashing the kip. Never had this with my last provider. 

Can anyone help me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rockstar woes (gtav,rdr2) connection issues

you're going to need to provide some more information on this..

did you, in your discussions with rockstar, manage to get hold of any server information? either an IP address or a hostname? 

If so, have you tried traceroute to see whether or not you can reach them? (for this i'd recommend downloading "winmtr", but it's possible to just do it from a command prompt)

From the information in the original post, it's very difficult to ascertain what the problem might be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm a bit lame when it comes to network diagnostics, however I'll try my best.

Something else that might be worth mentioning is my wifi connection on my phone says I have 'weak security'

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

See this post about weak security