cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really bad latency issues since moving to 1Gbps on Xbox Series X

TrapperDave
Joining in

We recently changed packages to the 1Gbps offering, and ever since then I've been getting really bad latency and drop out issues when playing on Xbox Live.  These issues are visible in the main games that I'm playing COD: Vanguard, BF2042 and Halo Infinite.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot and resolve these issues?

We've got the Super Hub 4 with a wired connection to the XSX.

Many thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly I hope you are gaming with a Cat 6 cable directly to the Hub.  🙂

However, please post your power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and Network log from the Hub.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment on the state of your circuit.  Do not use screenshots, just copy and paste the information.  Thanks

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TapperDave. 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is very frustrating and we apologise for any inconveneince caused. 

To confirm, are you experiencing the issue on a wired or wireless connection? 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

We’re seeing it on both wired and wireless.

We’re seeing massive packet loss.

We were meant to have an engineer visit on Saturday but no-one turned up.

The engineer on chat got me to factory reset our router without telling me we were factory setting it, so we lost all the port forwarding settings for our burglar alarm and CCTV.

I raised a complaint, which has apparently been resolved after speaking with us today - no-one has spoken to us.

So to summarise; we’re getting packet loss, engineer appointment made but no-one turned up, chat engineer got us to factory reset router, security systems no longer work - the installer has said there will be a charge for them to fix it for us, we raised a complaint then finally the complaint was resolved without VM contacting us and the problem persists….

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TrapperDave

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Would you be able to please set up a BQM via here to run over 24 hours so we can review this please? Once this has been ran for 24 hours please attach the results.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs