Menu
Zeirth
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Random disconnections while internet is stable?

Hi All,

Been having issues for over a year but it only happened every so often but over the last couple of months the disconnections during gaming have gotten pretty unstable.

Games such as Overwatch/Paladins/FFXIV will randomly disconnect me every 10-15mins even though my internet has not dropped at all. My discord calls will still be going, people streaming etc are fine, it only seems to happen when i'm playing these games so far.

I have tried rebooting my router, factory rebooting it, using google dns and other things but nothing has worked so far. I'm kinda at my wits end atm and honestly debating to take the hit and switch to a different provider if I cant get this fixed.

Attached downstream and upstream if neccessary.

upstream.pngdownstream.png

0 Kudos
ijf1992
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random disconnections while internet is stable?

Having the exact same issue. Also has increased in frequency lately to the point I cannot even play online games. Virgin media contact absolutely no help as I cannot get through to somebody to discuss this issue. 

Please help find a solution or i'll be switching providers to a company which wants to help its customers...

0 Kudos
Zeirth
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No real help from Virgin and stuff but I found out using a express VPN solved mydisconnect issues, but I still feel its silly in general to pay more a month to get your internet to work considering how expensive as hell virgin is

Moving to BT at the end of the month as the internet is unstable far to often and the amount of over utilisation in my area... 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Try gaming in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos