Menu
scottr1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ps5 lagging

Hello,

Everytime i try to play online games with my ps5 im constantly lagging,Im hard wired and my ps is in dmz.Everytime i call the call centres i get the same runaround story nothing wrong.There is still congestion in my area as per the monitor states but they still insist there isnt.So can i get a straight honest answer as i pay a lot for this service.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps5 lagging

Assuming that's a BQM that hasn't posted properly, try posting a link to a shared graph.  Using a link cuts out moderation delays associated with images, and using the Thinkbroadband "share" function means we'll be able to see the chart, and it won't expose your IP address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not a good idea to put a device in the DMZ, as it exposes it to the entire internet, so this comes with its own risks.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node
0 Kudos
scottr1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I started a new graph this morning and look at this mess again,All day every day.

You spent hrs on the fone call just to be told everything is as it should be, but this tells me different

0 Kudos
scottr1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but been doing that since ps3 with no problems so far

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottr1,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums

I've looked into the local area and cannot see any outages or suggestions of congestion currently

How has the service performed over the last few days?

Do you have issues with the service on any other devices - connected either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet in the property?

Are there any particular games or servers you connect to on the PS5 that generates the faulty service?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos