Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 wont conect

Hello has anyone any idea why the internet wont connect my sons ps4 its been connected since xmas day just gone and now past two days the internet at virgins end went down now it wont reconnect. Its finds the network finds the ips address then fails to connect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 wont conect

You mention finding the network, so is the PS4 connecting via WiFi?  Have you tried an Ethernet connection, just to see if we are dealing with a wireless issue or a VM to PSN connection issue?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hiya thanks for the reply we have sorted it now. The ps4 was finding the internet by wifi but when i put the password in it wouldnt connect to it just kept timing out. Ive had to move the virgin wifi booster into the bedroom and run a cable from the booster to the ps4 and its working with the cable but wont connect to the wifi still

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello Leah1985

Thank you for posting on the forum and welcome to the community.

Glad to hear you have managed to connect the PS4 via ethernet. We aren't aware of any issues specifically with Playstation 4 console and connecting using a booster. Do you have more than one booster in the property? If you do, do you get the same issue when using the other booster with the console?

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes changed the booster but still wouldnt connect. Also wouldnt connect to actual hub wifi either. We moved the ps4 downstairs into where the hub is and tried connecting it to the main internet not the booster and that wouldn't connect either that also kept timing out once id put the internet password in. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Leah1985, which model Hub do you have? Are you having problems connecting any other devices to the Hub via ethernet?

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No just the ps4. Its not a fault with the actual ps4 because ive taken it to two other peoples houses one having virgin and 1 having sky and it connected straight away to there wifi. It connected fine until we lost service of the internet for a few hours a couple of days ago and its hasnt connected since. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried setting up the WiFi connection again (as if setting it up from new) this should over ride the previous stored details may resolve the issue.

Let us know if this helps.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes told the ps4 to forget the wifis its been connected to then rescanned for it then tried putting the password back in but then wont connect just times out. Ive even tried adding the wifi manually still doesnt connect

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the additional information Leah1985, are you finding you're having problems connecting other devices over WiFi in the same location as the PS4?

Rob

0 Kudos