Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 kills superhub 3

Everytime I switch the ps4 on it kills my internet, everything is normal for about 5 mins an then Internet stops working. I restart the hub with the PlayStation on and it won't finish rebooting, it's stuck with flashing lights, I turn the playstation off, and the hub starts as normal with no problem, please help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 kills superhub 3

First thing I'd check is what IP address the PS4 has? If, somehow, it's managed to end up with a static address of 192.168.0.1, that'll clash with the Hub's address. Secondly, how is it connected to the Hub, via cable or wifi? If via hard wired, can you try a different port on the back of the Hub and/or a different cable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you for the quick response, the ip address is different but the default gateway is the same, is that a problem? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Its wired and I have tried other ports aswell as wireless but same thing happens. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Reset all network settings on the PS4.

Turn your phone into a hotspot, and connect PS4 via wireless to see if PS4 is ok, or take the PS4 to a friends house to test.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The hub won't even boot up now regardless of the playstation being on or off, technician coming round tomorrow... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Long term, put the SH3 into modem mode, and get your own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I tested my PlayStation at a friend's house who basically has the same set up and it worked fine both wired and wireless, that was with 4 phones connected to the WiFi also.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Davegnr328 wrote:

The hub won't even boot up now regardless of the playstation being on or off, technician coming round tomorrow... 

@Davegnr328 How did it go with the technician?

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I was at work when the technician came round but I had someone there to let him in and explain the original problem, apparently there were alot of faulty wires that have now been removed(I saw what was removed, excess wiring and splitter from an old set up)... So far everything is good and the PS4 stays connected without messing up the Superhub. Sorry for not updating sooner.