cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps4 connects to online services but not games

Jakeoates77
Joining in

I’ve had my ps4 for years and never had a problem like this, today i logged into my ps4 account as usual and everything seemed fine. I proceeded to load up a game and when it tried connecting me to the games online services it kept failing, I tried various other games to see if it was a game issue and they’re all the same, I can stream videos and music etc and use the psn services, but I cant play any online game at all. I’ve tried various things that I have found on the internet but nothing is working, any help would be appreciated. Thank you 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
What's the game buddy?

Tried fifa, call of duty and f1, my friends can all access these games fine I’m the only one with this issue 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does it come up with any specific errors? Sounds like the old NAT type issue but I've not seen that in years.

No nothing, I can do everything except play online games, it just says cannot connect to online services on the actual games themselves, no error codes or anything from the ps4. So frustrating as there’s nothing I’ve been able to do to even come close to fixing it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jake, just to check are you in Barnsley? A few of us are having problems here in the town from the other thread.

I am yes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, there's a few of us from Barnsley all suffering the same issue, and Virgin Media seem unaware that there's even a fault.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Ps4-connects-to-online-services-but-not-games/td...

Apparently its been reported since but you're not alone and it's nothing to do with your gear, it's a Virgin issue.

Ah I see. Thank you for the help I appreciate it.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jakeoates77, 

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Forums.

Sorry the Network issue over the weekend spoilt your gaming time. 

Can I just ask how things are now the issue has been resolved?

Gareth_L