Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 Pro + 200mb contract but upload speed problem

Hi there everyone.
I just jump into virgin family and I'm really happy. previous provider was bt and I was totally unsatisfied with their service. Anyway let's go to my issue.
I try to put the ps4 in DMZ to have a good upload speed to stream and obviously a better responsive game. but im unhappy to see I can't come to 20mpbs. actually I've tried  everything, port forwarding, dmz mode. Nothing has worked for me. I still stay in 3.9 sometimes 6 maybe 7mbps. my aim is at least 15mbps. Someone have the same problem or want to increase the upload speed like me? please heeeeeeelp. Thanks for who's gonna spend time to help me in this 
CHEEERSSS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 Pro + 200mb contract but upload speed problem

Hi sguinzo_uk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Can you confirm if this same speed is on other devices?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

well on my Speedtest on Mac the speed of down are 212mb and up 21mb.. that’s why I think have something wrong with the set up in the PlayStation. I’ll try to discover my best MTU and apparently is 1478 and I set my hub 3.0 with this and setup as well on the console. But I still have 6/7 mb in up. Btw The PS4 is in WiFi modo 5ghz solo mode 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

DMZ or port forwording will not effect the speed

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good to know. Thanks for the info 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

PS4 speed test is absolute rubbish and will not help you determine your upload speed, i have just done 3 internet connection tests in  less than 30 seconds and it ranged from 2.5Mbps to 7.0Mbps so as you can see it is rubbish.  I would say just stream and don't worry about the upload speed unless you have a problem because you will send yourself nuts using the PS4's test as it's not very accurate or good, base your tests from your mac and if that is ok then just stream and save yourself all the agro of trying to get upload speeds to where you want them when the test your using is crap basically.

https://www.twitch.tv/ziltoidtv
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try MTU 1450

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos