Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 Lag

I have been experiencing bad lag on ps4 for about a week or so. All other devices seem okay and apparently I have lower ping on WiFi connection to my phone than I do with a wired connection to my ps4.

I have 100mbps package and have tried everything including resetting numerous times, changing dns settings, different ports, different cables, moving router away from ps4 etc and nothing has worked.

I called virgin media and was told that nothing is wrong which clearly isn't true as I otherwise wouldn't be wasting my time on this...

Is anyone else experiencing this? Can you advise please? 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 Lag

I have the same issue as you described.For instance when i played Modern warfare yesterday i had a very bad lag problem...today i couldnt even connect to a server.Everything else seems to be fine like netflix,youtube etc.I only use wi-fi connection to play online.Did you manage to solve your problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Modern Warfare servers had issues tonight worldwide 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nope still no fix. I'm wired up to my router which makes this even more frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got sent a new router and that has fixed the issues.

Annoying since I spoke to one representative for over an hour who said they can't help and won't send out an engineer... The next guy I spoke to diagnosed the issue within 10 mins and suspected it was the router, got sent one the next day and voila...

0 Kudos