Menu
Keenan1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 Constant lag spikes

Hi,

Basically the issue is that when i play online on my Ps4 there are constant lag spikes throughout the day, i have been with virgin for about 3-4 years now and there normally isn’t a problem. I had the same thing happen to me about a year and a half ago where i also posted on this community and it was resolved by an engineer who replaced he router and fixed the connection issues. I have the Hub 3.0 and after a speed test my download speed is coming up at 27 mbps and the upload is 6 mbps. Again I don’t seem the be the only one having this problem. I hope we can find a way to resolve it.

kind regards,

Keenan1234

RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 Constant lag spikes

Post your power levels from the router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
PhilRop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same issue for the past 2 months.  Online FIFA lag stutter every 10 seconds.  It's constant no matter what time I play and driving me mad.  Ive checked the broadband speed and the download is great at over 100MB but the upload swings wildly between 18 and ZERO and anywhere inbetween - I am convinced this is the problem, however the engineer that came out uses a different wifi / broadband checking tool and his showed a constant upload of 11MB, all suspect to me.  VM just want to charge another £5 a month to fix the PS4 issue. I've been with VM since it existed and played FIFA online for at least a decade and never had a constant lag like this.  VM engineer been out changed the router and has made absolutely no differecne at all.

Im open to suggestions other than leaving VM for another provider.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am using a PS4 Pro on a 5GHz wifi and and have no issues.

My sig says why.

--
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Please login to the Modem with a browser - 192.168.0.1

1: Change the Wifi Name's for 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz (You can use the same passwords)
Advanced Settings -> Wireless -> Security

2. Tick Disable Channel Optimization -> Photo of router Wifi setup can be seen on the first post on this thread:
Advanced Settings -> Wireless -> Wireless Signal
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/FIX-FOR-PS4-LAG-SPIKES-WORKING-FOR-MANY/td-p/379...

3: Make sure the Devices are connecting to 2.4ghz if they are the other side of the house or upstairs. 5ghz if in the same room as modem.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
Keenan1234
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Literally love you. Played for an hour and it's working fine.
0 Kudos
PhilRop
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You absolute legend.  Brilliant 👍🙌

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ok I think there is 2 of you replying.

If you still face problems after applying those settings be sure to come back to the forums.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
jr1477
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This doesn't work.... not useful

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@jr1477 wrote:

This doesn't work.... not useful

What part did not work ???

--
0 Kudos