Menu
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Steam

Hi there, for a year or so loading up steam can be annoying, most of the time you cannot see the friends list, the store or your inventory.

However if I piggyback on my neighbour's BT wifi it works fine when logging in, as does a non VM mobile network, so why and what does VM block on Steam's side that does this.

Bear in mind with VM it's not 100% always like this, but I would say high 80 or early 90% of times it does. Very rather annoying.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Steam

Hi DABhand, 

Sorry that you seem to be having this issue, it's not good. 

Is it just slow when loading up or the whole time you're using it?

Is this an issue when you're connected to your WiFi or are you using a wired device? 

Have you spoken to Steam directly? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Basically most of the time when you log in it will take a few minutes before you can view your friends list, inventory and the store. Other times it is fine.

Obviously no problems on steam's end, it just seems that for some reason either Superhub or the UBR is blocking Steam. It is weird.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just general problems the virgin tbh, online gaming is always at worse latency with their top range service than with bt lower service, mainly due to the moden/router  you are forced to use, even in modem mode. Fine if all you want is fast download speds, but rubbish for online gaming, in my experience anyway!

Ignorance is bliss
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your connection DABhand.

Has this improved at all since your last post? Is there any improvements or has it got worse since the post?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nahh like today three times I started Steam because Greedfall was released today, 2 of the 3 attempts had me having to wait a few minutes for things like the store page, friends list and my steam inventory to be shown (each time showing a not found error message), once out of the 3 logins everything was fine.

Other platforms like Origin, Uplay, Epic Launcher etc are fine, no problems. As said if I piggy back my neighbours BT wifi steam will load up fine with no problems.

Also as said this has been an ongoing issue for a long time. It's just the last few months the time for it to sort out has increased as has the number of times it will happen.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I can take a look at your account via a private message. Please respond to the message that I will be sending over in a few moments and I can look into this for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos