Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problem with the Xbox’s connection

Hi there all:), I’ve recently been having issues with my WiFi or my Xbox I can’t quite make out which it could be well anyway it’s been happening for around two to three week. I’ve been able to connect to Xbox live fine but whenever I play a game or I go on an app I get disconnected from Xbox live. It’s the same with my smart tv I literally can’t connect to the internet but everyone else In house is fine and the internet don’t play up. My son has an Xbox and said he experienced the same issue the other day but it doesn’t happen to him as much as it does to me. I’ve been using my hotspot just to play my games which works perfectly fine on my tv and Xbox so I’m leaning towards is it the WiFi? And not the Xbox or tv as it works perfectly fine with hotspot? I’m not quite sure as I’m not an expert. Well anyways I called Virgin the other day telling them the situation they said give it two days and give us a call back if it’s still doing the same problem which it is. They reset the WiFi on there end and there’s been no difference I’ve never had an issue with my WiFi this has only crept up like I said about 3 week ago and has been ongoing since but I can’t really describe the problem on the phone as all what’s happening is i connect and get disconnected so I’ve been using my hotspot? Anyways I just wanted some input on what I should do or any advice or info thanks guys. 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with the Xbox’s connection

I would suggest separating the two wifi channels in the router by renaming them, and turn of smart wifi optimisation. 

Then connect to one of the new ssids, and try again. If you experience the same problem then try the other SSID. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there how do I do this? Really not good with this sort of stuff lol. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Login into the hub at http://192.168.0.1 using the details from the base of the hub on a sticker.

When in goto "Advanced Settings", "Wireless", then "Wireless Signal", place a tick in circle where it says "Disable Channel Optimization" and then click on "Apply Changes".

Hub 3.0 2019-04-24 16-24-06.png

That should solve your problem with connecting to the hub.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connection problem

Hi there all, I’m having really bad trouble with the WiFi when my brother is using his Xbox and when I go on mine and he’s on his I will get disconnected same with my smart tv. He is directly below from the router and must get a better connection than me any ideas on what I should do? And aswell is a WiFi extender/booster worth the while as my connection is very bad in my room and is there any point in them? Kind regards 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection problem

@Naynay2502 Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't help and is against the forum rules.

I have merged your new thread with your existing one.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would recommend splitting the two wifi channels, diable smart wifi optimisation and ensure your consoles are connected to separate channels.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Naynay2502,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are losing connection when you and your brother are playing on your Xbox's.

I can see from our end that this has been discussed with our faults team, has this now bee resolved.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos