Menu
raymond325
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem with IP and Cloudflare? And/or riot games servers?

Hello,

I've been having issues with accessing some sites (captcha every time I want to access the site) and league of legends client not starting (maybe captcha needs completing but no way to complete it?).

This started happening about 7 or 8 days ago and I have tried scanning for malware but my computer comes up clean so no malware, when I rang up virgin media they had told me my IP has not been blacklisted.

If I use the hub 3 in modem mode and use a different router with a different IP address it seems to work (also works with VPN).

Any ideas on how to get this resolved?

Thanks,

Raymond.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with IP and Cloudflare? And/or riot games servers?

Hi Raymond,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to access certain sites, however thank you for including all those details, that's very helpful. 

Hmm, it could possibly be caused by your websafe settings - can you please confirm that child lock is off? If it isn't, can you please turn it off and test the sites to see if you get the same message?

I appreciate you've already said that your IP address has not been blacklisted, but have you checked this via spamhause?

Let us know 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
raymond325
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

Child safe is off and I am listed on spamhause. I have checked this previously and had read that this if fairly common and that I should not be alarmed unless I own a mail server so I've haven't given it a second thought.

A little update to the situation is that I put the hub 3 into modem mode with a different router and then everything turned back to normal. However the next day the problem had returned and when I reverted back to using the hub as the router everything has returned back to normal again. I'm not confident this will last for very long however.

Would you recommend I ask to be delisted from spamhause?

Thanks,

Raymond.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for coming back to confirm and for checking spamhause - you are right as it's usually nothing to be too concerned about.

Can I ask that you do please complete the form via spamhause to request to be delisted. From there if you do find that your IP address becomes blocked again, it's likely that either a device or app connected to your home network is causing this and triggering the block.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
raymond325
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I will give it a shot.

Also if there is a device that is sending out spam is there an easy way to find it? There are quite a lot of devices connected so I want to avoid going through all devices and scanning them one by one.

Thanks,

Raymond.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Raymond,

Sadly I'm not aware of any quicker way to do this and each device would need to be scanned for malware individually. I'm afraid we cannot really advise much further on third party equipment so if you are unsure, I would advise getting in touch with the manufacturer of the device for help.

Either way, do keep us posted with how things go from here and if you need anything else 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos