Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Powerline adapter help

My mum decided to change internet providers from SSE (who I loved) to Virgin Media. The amount of headaches I have had already on day 1 has made me want to scream.

Go onto my xbox & notice my nat type is set to moderate and UPnP isn't working; call Virgin Media & they pass me around like pass the parcel (I was on the line for 40+ minutes without anyone talking to me). I managed to screw up the wifi by changing the settings so decided to reboot the router; this makes it work & my nat type is now set to open and UPnP is working... However when I then plug in my powerline adapter I'm greeted with the same text: Nat type: Moderate, UPnP isn't working. Talked to my friends & they suggested resetting my powerline adapters. I reset them and it changes absolutely nothing. The wireless strength is only at 48% because my room is upstairs away from the router. I have no idea how to sort out the powerline adapters & because of how "helpful" you were on the phone about other stuff I already have no hope I'll get any valuable help from calling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline adapter help

Re-pair Powerlines

Switch off HUB3

Switch off Xbone

Connect Xbone to powerline, 2nd powerline to HUB

Switch on HUB

WAIT FOR HUB TO COME UP COMPLETLY

Switch on Xbone

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos