Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Port forwarding for xbox one

Hi

Can anyone please help; I keep getting kicked out of Xbox games online, it often shows I have a moderate or strict NAT, which causes the crashing I am guessing.

I have tried to set up port forwarding on the Virgin 3.0 HUB and it doesn't work:

- I added the PF rules in number order, I've disabled the firewall in the hub settings, and tried using the Hub IP address as well as the IP address of the xbox (which I manually fixed) - I then tested to see if any of the ports were open and they were not!

I see that there are lots of posts on this but hardly any where port forwarding on the Virgin hub was successful.  Has anybody managed this? Am I missing something?

Virgin were absolutely useless and wanted to sign me up to Gadget support.

Surely port forwarding is possible on the Virgin hub otherwise they wouldn't have the option on there??

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port forwarding for xbox one

Hello

The key to this one is too turn off the firewall as what should happen when you create a port forwarding rule it should add a firewall rule and it doesnt, see the last screenshot.

When you are entering the rules for one port are you entering both the from and too in both the Local Port and External Port as shown the following screenshot.

Port Forwarding.png

Firewall.png

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply. I added the rule exactly as you did and turned the firewall off.

Does it make a difference when I turn the firewall off? I.e before or after adding the rule?

cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Doesn't make any difference on the way round you do it.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Getting the same issue as per my other forum post but for the PC , Port forwarding dosnt work correctly with the super hub 3 .. it used to work fine with the older versions.

Rich

0 Kudos