Menu
jackwilkes297
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor connection to PS4

I have been using my TP Link to my Playstation, linked to the Hub 3.0 since October and it has worked completely fine. I was able to have great speeds, no game lag and was also able to stream directly from my Playstation to twitch as well as run my laptop to track the stream manager. As of today, all that has gone out the window! I am now getting 1.6mbps download and 226.5mbps upload. I can't stream or play online games at all now! I have tried everything. I have reset the router, that would sometimes work on the first connection test, but then I would join a party chat and then the internet would drop right out again. I have changing the DNS on the Playstation to run off google server ( 8.8.8.8 & 1.0.0.1) and that didn't work. I have tried to run the port forwarding as instructed from Playstation, that didn't work either! 

We have had civils/groundworkers in the pavement outside this week putting in a new bus stop area. From what I seen, they had only ripped up the tarmac and replaced it with paving. If they would have hit the cable line, surely that would have just sent an internet outage altogether rather than just slower speeds? 

The slower speeds is happening on every device in the house, not just the Playstation. Can somebody please help with this as it's very frustrating when we're paying for a good rate of broadband and can't get any good use out of it??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor connection to PS4

Could be a whole range of stuff.  As a start, connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts. 

Next, setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a link to a live, shared graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can do that immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos