Menu
LadySnow
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pods and ethernet

Hi, currently we have the Hub3 downstairs and plugged into that is an Ethernet booster that runs from the hub, to a wall plug and then from a plug upstairs into my sons pc so he can do his a level work and gaming but other than his room we get no WiFi upstairs, would the pods interfere with the booster or could they both run from the hub? 
thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pods and ethernet

They'd both run from the hub.  Unless you get the pods free with your package, you might find that buying your own wifi mesh system is better value.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also AFAIK the Pods require the 2.4g and 5g SSID's to be the same, and "Smart WiFi" to be switched on at the Hub.  Some IoT devices will not connect in these circumstances, so just something to be aware of.

LadySnow
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not to sound rude but I have no idea what you just said lol, so the 2 “boosters” couldn’t run concurrently with each other?
The hub we use (Hub3) is in the back corner of the house, if it were moved more central would that help and can I do that with a cable I buy independently or would VM have to move the hub

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@LadySnow wrote:

Not to sound rude but I have no idea what you just said lol, so the 2 “boosters” couldn’t run concurrently with each other?
The hub we use (Hub3) is in the back corner of the house, if it were moved more central would that help and can I do that with a cable I buy independently or would VM have to move the hub

I believe the whole point of the new Pods are to provide a Mesh system and therefore remove the need for the boosters.  Unless you are using IoT devices that require specific wifi channels and frequency, I wouldn't worry too much about using the Pods.

They are, AFAIK, rebranded Plume Pods, so you can have a look at the Plume website for further information as to what to expect.

Also they are only free to certain packages from VM, so you may only have the option to rent them, in which case it might be prudent to buy your own Mesh kit,  e.g. Deco M4 or similar.

0 Kudos