Menu
Harbo89
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Playstation 5 latency New Hub 4

Hi everyone,

I've been having latency issues with playing online games on my PS5 for about 4 days now. I've tried wireless, wired, reset the modem using the button and turning off for 30 seconds eetc.

The latency keeps spiking every 60 seconds or so. Nothing has changed it terms if position of console or modem and it doesn't matter if I'm wired or wireless I get the same issue. 

Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playstation 5 latency New Hub 4

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Set up a BQM and see how the connection is and we can try troubleshoot.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Harbo89
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice.

I setup the monitor this morning before leaving for work at 5.30am. I have just had a look to see whats going on. 

Bare in mind no one is home so no streaming going on or anything like that. I will check once again when I am home approx 3pm. But this is the sort of spikes I am seeing constantly whilst gaming. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Screenshot_20210208-112538_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any chance you could share a direct link please.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Harbo89
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi please see direct link below

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/df2e61139d8d8ee06b388ee3540b50184723fa2d

Any possible reasons for this or solutions? 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Immediately looks like upstream congestion due to increased amount of people working from home and kids home schooling, this is saturating upstream bandwidths in the local Virgin network leading to rises in latency.

Unfortunately there is no short term fixes.

I'm currently switching my home office connection from Virgin Media's network to Openreach network due to this very issue

A comparison of latency between different networks can be seen in my signature links below, you will notice the difference between EE BQM to Hub's 3 and 4 BQM's

0 Kudos