Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PlayStation not picking up full upload speeds

Hi guys,

I’ve recently purchased the M350 package and I seem to be struggling to get close the 36mbps upload speeds I should be getting. When I first purchased it everything was fine on the PlayStation. I’d be getting at least 30 upload everytime and now all of a sudden I’m hitting 6/7 upload max. All the other devices that are connected seem to be receiving the max upload speeds without trouble So I’m curious as to why this is? I am aware that the PlayStation speed tests are really off as you can get very different readings on back to back tests. I’ve also changed my MTU on the hub to 1450 but that hasn’t helped. If anyone has any ideas they’d be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: PlayStation not picking up full upload speeds

Hello

If all other devices are picking up the right then the issue as you have quite rightly found, this is down to the way that the PS does the speed test and although it is reporting low you will find out that you will have the full amount. Changing the MTU will have no affect as that is just the size of the the packets that are sent.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PSN is limiting bandwidth for users

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mike, 

Thanks for the help. When I’m gaming though it doesn’t feel as smooth as it used to when I first got the package. Every game I play seems to feel slightly delayed. It may be down to the Bluetooth connection from the PlayStation to the controller but even when I wire the controller in it seems very sluggy. It’s just a strange one 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That sucks. Is there any way around this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Around PSN limiting bandwidth?
No.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos