Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PlayStation Network

So everytime I try to connect my WiFi it won’t connect at the internet stage however wired connection works, everything else in the house is working on the WiFi I have tried everything I can think of such as changing the dns codes doing a hard reset on the WiFi etc does anyone know what is going on it’s been going on for 5 days now but the hotspot on my phone is working fine, there is also 2 PlayStations in the house and the issue is on both

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: PlayStation Network

Have the PlayStations been able to connect via WiFi before and have now stopped connecting?

Based on similar posts I have found online there appears to be a glitch with the PS4 and so you might be better taking this up with Sony.  It seems like the WiFi settings that are stored on the PS4 can become corrupted and you need to remove them and reconnect.  As far as I can tell the only sure fire way of removing the settings is to initialise the PS4, but that is a bit drastic.

Another option could be to setup a guest network on your hub and try connecting the PS4 to the guest wireless SSID.  If the issue is just with the settings stored for the main VM SSID on your PS4, then connecting to a new one could bypass the issue.  You could also test this by renaming your main VM SSID but that impacts all your other wireless devices that would need to be setup for the new SSID and may not fix the issue.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well initialised one PS4 that didn’t fix the issue I’m afraid 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Conorwilkes wrote:

Well initialised one PS4 that didn’t fix the issue I’m afraid 

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried the guest network option?

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A wired connection is better for online gaming so if it is possible for you to use wired connection then it is pointless to use wifi.

Why the ps4 won't connect using wifi is a question I can't answer. Sorry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I renamed my main VM SSID instead still no effect 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you turn your Mobile Phone into a HOTSPOT, connect the PS4 to the Phone via Wifi.

If this works, it proves the PS4 WIFI is working.

Also on your SH3 make the SSID for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz different, having the same name, this has fixed issues before.

Ie SSID and SSID_5G

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos