Menu
Tokyomofo
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PlayStation 4 Gaming

Hi there

Have been having problems with my PlayStation connection since moving to this property in April. I wasn't able to access the internet on it at all in the bedroom so moved it downstairs to the living room using a wired connection.

It seemed to work ok for TV streaming but trying to play any online game was near impossible. I'm using the wi-fi again now but struggling to establish a connection, if I get a connection then I get stuck at signing into the playstation network.

Also while I'm attempting to do this the connection cuts out for others in the house...

0 Kudos
Connect123
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PlayStation 4 Gaming

First of all wireless is no good for game , if your internet provider is giving you a good solid internet speed and latency you still want to have a wired connection or at worst use some power line adaptors if you can't make the wired connection happen , at the same time there could be a problem with the line. What virgin hub are you using? The superhub 3 has a well known problem with latency spikes etc so that could of the problem for you

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The PS4 has a useless 2.4GHz network card in it, and connected to a SH3. Bad combination.

But when my PS4 was connected to my own router, my SH was in modem mode, the wifi was a whole lot better.

But I can game on WIFI on a my PS4 Pro, this has a fantastic 5GHz network card in it, and connected to my Router, is 100% stable. Never have a drop out and latency is not an issue.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Tokyomofo
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I am using the Super Hub 3 and wireless is the only option for me at the moment. When I do manage to get a connection, and sign into the PlayStation Network the connection is actually quite good and reliable, however it is taking me over an hour of rebooting the modem, restarting the PlayStation and running endless connection tests until I manage to get on!

I guess my options look like either upgrading to a PS4 Pro or purchasing a new router.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Modem Mode, and your own router, will be best way forward.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
hkem
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As everyone else has stated....VM hub 3 in modem mode and your own router. I've just tried the Netgear X4S AC2600. Works top dollar $$$$ 🙂

0 Kudos
tonycv51
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There could be several issues from the sounds of it - which a new router may not solve

- if you have to play via wireless you could try powerline adaptors to see if they improve things (can you borrow some or get free return from amazon etc) 

- in the first post you say the connection  drops for others so is your VM connection poor?  Worth posting your stats and setting up a BQM.  Post bqm after 24 hours with IP address removed

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tokyomofo,

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos