cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping spikes in games and VOIP apps

liamVM1
Tuning in

It has only happened in the past day that these ping spikes happen every 10-30 seconds. It makes multiplayer fps games unplayable. Download speed is fine but ms goes to 200 and back down in 1 second which causes the game to lag/teleport for a second. I've tried to reset router, use different ethernet cables, change windows network adapter settings, contact virgin media support etc. Nothing suggested worked. Everything was working fine I don't know what happened over the past day.

(Virgin media help said everything was fine on their end and transferred me to 'gadget repairs' and was trying to get me to pay £60 for just connecting to my PC to fix what might be a minor issue)

Ping test - 25 ms - 2022-04-05 11:38 - www.meter.net

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A couple of things;

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping Once done we can comment.

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'll try sending information of the hub if my issue isn't fixed yet. I checked the website services and it says there is a fault in the area and a technician is fixing it today by 6pm.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/05206372dbfcfabcc75963680afb34742b...