Menu
Tortactical
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Ping spikes every 2 minutes exactly

I play League of Legends and for the past 2 weeks now, every 2 minutes (pretty much exactly) my ping will spike significantly from consistent 30ms to 100+ms. This spike will only happen for a second or two but that second of freezing obviously shouldn't be happening and heavily affects my performance in game.

I have reset my router, factory reset my router, changed the ethernet cables in case of damage, but nothing seems to be fixing it. I have had this problem before multiple times but after a week or so it seems to fix itself...

I read on a post on here that had the same kind of problem and they recommended to switch from Hub 3 to super Hub 2ac. Is there any alternatives to this? Surely this can't be the only option since as I have said the problem comes and goes and it manages to fix itself so I doubt its router damage.

I really don't understand the issue so if anyone could help that would be great.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping spikes every 2 minutes exactly

Good morning @Tortactical 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your broadband.

Are you able to let me know,  if you are using any 3rd party equipment such as a hub or a mesh system? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos