Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ping spikes and packet loss solihull

Hi,

when playing games the ping is steady for about 10 seconds then jumps up to ~500ms in all games ive tried, either leading to a massive lag spike or disconnect, its impossibly to game

My speed is fine, gig1 - getting advertised speeds

We had an engineer come over already since our speeds were not as advertised and he sorted the attenuator and cabling inside the house already and the internet was stable until the last 2 days where its been unusable for gaming

B91 area, solihull

Possible area issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping spikes and packet loss solihull

What are you gaming with?

There's been alot of issues with gaming lately and seemingly issues are somewhere further along the line like gaming servers and interconnects in dlwn London way.

Matt
If I've helped please let me know 🙂

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PC, using ethernet connection to the router. Cable is fine

In all games, league of legends, world of warcraft, steam disconnects, discord lag, all at the same time.

It's definitely not the game servers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Absolutejeff123,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your broadband service. We have done a check from here and can't see anything obvious showing on your account that could cause any issues. 

Can you please set up a BQM  using this link:  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and post the result on this thread so we can look into this further? Please make sure that you obscure your IP address if this shows on the picture.
Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos