Menu
kaz13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ping spikes and latency issues

What is going on, My son has been complaining for weeks now about the ping spikes which make gaming impossible but this last week has just got to the point where he can't game at all, I pay for 100mbps but am lucky to get 30mbps most of the time but the worst is the ping spikes which for a gamer is a killer, I've seen from the community that a lot of people are having the same problem so what is virgin doing about it? Anyone got any ideas please because when PS5 comes out later this year virgin need to have there act together or do all the gamers have to move elsewhere to get decent game play. If anyone can help me or give me some ideas as I've done all the normal reboots etc, I'm on a hub3

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ping spikes and latency issues

Hi kaz13

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and the broadband issues. 

I've checked the system today and it does need an engineer visit. This is because the majority of your downstream power levels are out of spec. 

I'll PM you now to arrange. Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM, kaz13.

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Ollie1997
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @John_GS ,

Any chance you could do the same for me?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Constant-disconnects-high-latency-and-lag-spikes...

I've had a "Very Insightful Person" looking over the post, but just need someone like yourself to arrange the engineer callout :)?
0 Kudos
kaz13
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant news, Hopefully the engineer will be able to sort the problems, Thank you so much x

0 Kudos