Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ping on PS4 bad. Followed the original guide on how to fix it and it’s still not working

I have followed the guide on how to fix the bad ping on PS4 ages ago back in 2018 i did this and I haven’t had any problems since. Until today where the ping has been bad again. 

is there a way to fix this? Need some help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping on PS4 bad. Followed the original guide on how to fix it and it’s still not working

What pings are you experiencing and what equipement are you using (hub version, routers etc)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping on PS4 bad. Followed the original guide on how to fix it and it’s still not working

It’s a hub version 3. I’m not sure what router I am using. But my PS4 is a really old model it’s like the launch model pretty much. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It’s also mainly in modern warfare and on my iPhone when I play call of duty mobile when I’m downstairs the connection is fine but when I’m in my room it’s like pinging and it has a symbol with the 3boxes in orange come up 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is it only your PS4 experiencing bad ping or do you have any other hardware with the same issue?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

My iPhone also and other tech devices such as iPad but it’s only when I am playing games in my room and also the PS4. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Downstairs is fine when I play call of duty mobile on my iPhone it’s just when I’m upstairs where the hub is it’s bad unless I am in the room with it in. The hub is in my sisters room which is right next door to my room 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I would suggest disabling the 'itelleigent wifi/network switching' within the Hub.

Also rename both the 2.4g and 5g networks so you can choose which one you connect too, the 2.4g has greater range but it often prone to more interference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Is there a guide on how to do it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Its not too complicated pal.

Using a laptop/PC/Phone - Enter 192.168.0.1 if your Hub 3 is in router mode or 192.168.100.1 if it is in modem mode.

Then log in (password at bottom of Hub3 unless its been changed) > Navigate to wireless tab > Disable smart switching > Change the names of the SSID > Safe settings.

Thats just from memory pal, so apologies for any innaccuracies. 

0 Kudos