Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ping issues

Before all of this happened my WiFi was working perfectly had stable ping, good upload and download speeds however, for the past two weeks I have been experiencing very unstable and high latency which is very annoying since it prevents me from being able to play any games which require a stable connection and since the whole of the UK is on lock down, I have nothing to do. I am hoping virgin media will fix this asap so I can go back to peaceful times where I had no issues at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping issues

they are not going to fix it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah like the other guy said don't get your hopes up.

I have had issues for 4 months but that is partly down to myself thinking it would blow over.

Called the offshore call centre. Useless. They said everything is fine so it is my ps4. Basically said i have to sign up for gadget rescue for £20 plus £5 a month.

Waste of time. They messed about with dmz and forwarding ports which i have done before even calling VM. According to those idiots 150ms ping is average for gaming.

So i ended up here. It taken 10 days of me posting BQMs, saying it is down to congestion and VM saying everything is fine on their end, to be told an engineer has been to my area and basically it was down to congestion. 

By then corona hit and my connection was worse. When i asked when this will be fixed they couldn't give me an answer. I find it strange that others on the forum are getting dates though.

So basically there is nothing we can do right now. Online gaming isn't an option for me unless i want to lag all over the place. So its play single player games, keep checking back here for an update and look online for broadband deals with other ISP'S for when the virus blows over but hopefully that won't be as long as the 4 months of the shoddy service i have payed full price for 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Sorry to hear you have this problem, has it been resolved? 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Never sign up to Gadget Rescue it's the biggest scam ever.

The fact they say 150ms is fine for gaming tells me they don't have a clue what their doing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think the offshore call centre staff need a course in latency and packet loss which would avoid people being referred to the gadget rescue scammers in the future 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ill pretty much echo what everyone is saying but they aren't going to fix anything, we just have to wait until the congestion dies down. It's more BS that we're being told that there is no issues

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

50-60 ms at 11 am.

what a joke
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey, no the same thing has been going since I made this post.

0 Kudos