Menu
JSM0308
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ping issues PS4 Warzone

Hi I am having terrible ping and latency issues when playing any online game. My mates are absolutely fine but every game I play I am lagging, even voice cuts out. My player just spins around when the lag is soo bad. 
please can you let me know what can be done to resolve this. It’s been going on for too long now

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping issues PS4 Warzone

Hi JSM0308

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delayed reply and the console gaming issues. I've checked our systems today and no issues are showing. 

I can see you have a hub 2ac, would you like to change this to a hub 3 free of charge? If yes and you're happy to do a self-install, let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JSM0308
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for the response. I managed to speak to someone on the phone after about 3 hours! Haha. We added the PSN server ports on port forwarding and it is marginally better. 
Even though I am hard wired will the hub3 make a difference? 
I am happy to do the install no problem. 
thanks

jack

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me, Jack. Good choice of console as well 🙂 will you be upgrading to PS5? 

I think it could certainly make the difference aye, would you like me to send you one? If so, fire me a PM with the details including account number/postcode, full name etc and I'll be more than happy to assist 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for joining me on PM, Jack.

Just to update the thread, the hub 3 has been ordered.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
MikeWatts
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I've been trying to talk to someone at Virgin all weekend regarding PS5 Nat type & High Ping issues. Can you please help? With the exact same setup -the same ethernet, coming from the splitter; the same advanced connection settings on the console; and the same open ports - my PS5 has a nat type of 2 and ping of 40-50ms, whereas my ps4 had a nat type of 1 and ping of 15-25. 

I have checked the ping on my pc and it is 11, meaning that it must be a PS5 issue. I even unplugged the ethernet from the pc and put it into the PS5 but the results were the same. 

I also tried making a mac address exception on the DHCP tab for the ps5 but it didn't help. I also tried putting the PS5 in the DMZ and that didn't work either.

Can you or anybody else please help? This is making next-gen online gaming unplayable for me.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos