Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ping fluctuations and packet loss

Hello,

For the past few months I have been experiencing both packet loss and ping fluctuations while both gaming and general browsing.

I have a virgin media superhub (1) and I am using a wired ethernet connection. I have tried factory resetting the router and unplugging everything etc. At times the internet will completely cut out for a brief period of time with ms levels through the roof. This only happens once every few days but still a massive problem. I have tried making a graph using the thinkbroadband website however I feel that wont be much use as this is what it is showing so far (See below).

Games played are CS:GO and League of Legends. However I do not believe these are the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

cfd7184eeb97bb2873223bd5fc513efa2f87b0f7-20-04-2020.png

As you can see there is no point continuing it like this as I cant see how this will improve anything.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping fluctuations and packet loss

cfd7184eeb97bb2873223bd5fc513efa2f87b0f7-20-04-2020.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping fluctuations and packet loss

Hi,

Send me a PM with your Account Number and Area Reference and I'll look into this for you.

To send me a Private Message just simply click the link below:

Click Here 

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more