Menu
Rin
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ping all over the place.

Hey there, In the last few weeks I've been dealing with ping issues starting around 5pm on the majority of days. I believe it started after my internet went out for a few hours due to some maintenance, however I could be remembering incorrectly. It sometimes sorts itself out after a reboot, but I shouldn't have to reset my internet daily. Speeds are fairly consistent at 90-100mbps even while these ping issues are happening. I've tested across the last week using "ping google.co.uk -t" through cmd, and had it run a few hundred times. Today I ran it >900 times and had a min of 19ms, a max of 203ms and an average of 72ms (with it reaching over 700ms a few days ago). I wouldn't mind as much if it were stable. I have a wired connection.

Here are my Downstream and upstream. According to https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status, there seems to be no issues in my area.

ds.PNG

us.PNG

Thanks in advance,

Rin

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping all over the place.

Hi Rin,

I am sorry that you've been experiencing service issues.

I'm going to need to drop you a PM so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping all over the place.

If your in router mode you need to reboot the hub or use it in modem mode with your own router with 1Gb ports for your connection to be stable.