Menu
KieranGiles92
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ping Spikes in UK Bradford core.

Hey guys,

I've been experiencing ping spikes for a little while now.

This kind of thing isn't really acceptable. I left VM years ago, came back and you're STILL having the same problems?!

Every 10-15 seconds I get a spike from 30ms up to 100ms+.

If you're playing a game this makes it unplayable. You're trying to predict something, a movement or an action and you can't react to it properly because you end up getting a ping spike where a bunch of your commands don't reach the server.

I can see a few people here all having this problem.

Someone needs to go and have a look at the network core nearby and figure out if it's utilization or it's just a network setting that needs fixing, or piece of hardware that needs replacing.

If it's utilization, I'm going to leave again immediately. You guys never fix that problem.

ping stats.pngping timings.pngtracert.png

0 Kudos
KieranGiles92
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping Spikes in UK Bradford core.

Extra details:

I'm wired ethernet direct into the Hub 3.0 and I'm running Windows 10.

I've been trying to get on a direct debit for ages but you're a nightmare to contact at the moment. Just noticed that you guys have been charging me late fees of £7.50 each time!!!

As if we don't have enough financial issues you're charging me a huge chunk? You cut my internet off anyway, is that not enough?

Virgin never ceases to amaze me with it's arrogance. I hate that you guys have a monopoly on the service in most places.

0 Kudos
KieranGiles92
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

More information, if any of you need it.

That latest ping report was from inside the Hub's own tool. Not sure if that's right or not but it looks terrible haha.

dsbc.pnglmaoping.pngusbc.png

0 Kudos
KieranGiles92
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Here is the beginning of my BWM. I think even with the limited dataset you can see what BS I'm experiencing right now...

LOL BQM.png

0 Kudos
KieranGiles92
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just spent over an hour in a queue to talk to someone.

Talked to one guy in Tech Support who passed me to another girl in tech support.

She put me on hold without telling me and then after 10 mins of being on hold, she hung up without a word.

Solid hour and a half's work. *flex*

I have also included BQM 2: Electric Boogaloo

lol.pngbqm too.png

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@KieranGiles92 wrote:

Here is the beginning of my BWM. I think even with the limited dataset you can see what BS I'm experiencing right now...

LOL BQM.png

Looks like oversubscription in your area.

No wonder they hung up!

KieranGiles92
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

This has only started happening the last few days though. I'm so angry that I signed up now. If I knew it was going to be like this I would have gone elsewhere...

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Rising star
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hub stats look fine.

can you post the live graph link and not a screenshot.

That graph - the start of it looks like your in for a long rough ride.

Your graph shows solid yellow and bits of red with the looks of it constantly (from that screen shot).

That isn't gonna get fixed anytime soon - an engineer cant fix that. my guess is the same above. over subscribed area.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

M500 | Hub 3 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
KieranGiles92
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hey guys,

Live Link:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/79bf8cf40881eb08a17339ca82ad77bc08...

This is RECENT overutilisation. They've probably taken on another huge number of customers in our area.

Guys I want to cancel and go with another provider as this is unacceptable quality which I will not be paying another penny for. Virgin doesn't fix this problem. Stable overnight, but completely slammed at peak times.

utilisation.png

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yep that’s congestion and over subscription. So your options are clear, put up with it or leave. Are you still in the 14 day ‘cool off’ period? If so then fine you can cancel without any penalty, if not, well then I’m afraid you’ll need to pay off the rest of the contact term which at least is limited to a maximum of £240 and then switch to another provider.

0 Kudos