Menu
omoses7
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ping Spikes and packet loss. Routing issue?

I'm on the M500 and speeds wise i'm getting a consistent 200+ wired connection, which is great.

Only issue is in game I'm getting insane ping and packet loss spikes. Some days i can sit at <30 ping (games include valorant and fortnite) and other days im on constant 110+. Other days i'm spiking between high ping and low ping every other minute.

I've had an engineer visit and he's secured the wiring both in and outside the house, and yet this issue still persists.

I've done digging into this issue and i'm wondering is it a routing problem? If my routing is really poor, no matter the internet speed, im still going to get high ping. So how can this be fixed? I assume there's an issue with my current IP address being unstable. 

Wifi is not hard to come by, hell i dont even need broadband for most things, mobile data is fine. I literally only have broadband to play games, and I will happily cancel with virgin and move to a new ISP with better routing if this problem can't be fixed. 

Any help will be appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
gspower92
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping Spikes and packet loss. Routing issue?

Same problem here Valorant PEERING issue  ... they don't have peering with LINX and LONAP EXCHANGE POINTS .. that's why u get spike's ... anyway you can do a tracert to 162.249.72.1 and will see how many request time out's you get ... in game check GRAPH with TICKRATE if u don't get 128 fixed that's why you miss all you're shoots or get insta-killed this is again because PEERING between VM and LINX and LONAP doesn't exist  .. im with them since 9 JAN ... but im really decided 98% to end contract with them .. because i spoke with them on the phone and guess what they answer me after i tell them they need to make peering with linx ... :)) they said .. you need BOOSTERS ..:))))))))  yes VM i need boosters for what if im play games wired ... doh  

Look the message to another provider ... at simple question about LINX and LONAP exchange points .. they answer me what i need ... im really decided to join on them   163643649_1895639557313917_5523337466890686941_n.jpg 

If u ask this question to VM .. they will answer to buy boosters :)))   .... spend 62£ for nothing ... m500 aswell 

0 Kudos
MattjVideos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

can i ask what cat is your ethernet wire and can you post router status go to 192.168.0.1 on google and copy and paste downstream and upstream please
0 Kudos
AmparoRobles
Just joined
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ping spikes and packet loss are a major cause of lag and are often caused by congestion or interference on the route that is used for your data to travel from your personal computer to the server and back.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @omoses7,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear about your Ping Spikes and Packet loss. Have you tried the great advice given by @MattjVideos so we can best determine where the problem may be? Are you also experiencing this across multiple devices? 

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MattjVideos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

sorry i posted on the wrong post

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MattjVideos,

Thank you for letting us know. Is there anything we can help you with today?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MattjVideos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i just thought u put something on my post but it wasnt i just read the wrong post lol
0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No problem @MattjVideos.

Have a lovely bank holiday 🙂

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos