Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ping Spikes and Latency is awful and getting worse..HELP

Ok, so i have been cut off 7 times after waiting 30min to an hour on the phone on hold, to speak to someone/anyone about my problem, i been a customer for a long time this is a first for me...

My ping in games ranges from 200 jumping to 700 in seconds and back up and down, making gaming unplayable. This is on servers i would before get around 15ping. This has been a problem since the BIG CRASH of virgin media a few days ago, i have done EVERYTHING you can think of that i could do. 

I cant contact Virgin by phone, i have sit for hours trying to do so, so is there ANY one here that can help at all? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

High PING and ZERO support or HELP from virgin.

Been cut off 7 times on hold.

Cant seem to do anything on my end, i have done everything i could do. 

Is there any customer service around to help me?!? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: High PING and ZERO support or HELP from virgin.

Hello, if you can send me a private message with your account number and are code/postcode and i will look into this for you

To send a PRIVATE MESSAGE please hold over my name until the option send message pops up.

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting, still nithong has been done!!

My boardband speeds have been jumping, but most of all my ping and latency have been insane, impossible to online game or anything close. Yet I have made call after call, message after message and nothing is being done, it is not my end, I have checked done everything I can!! I understand this virus but other people have gotten help with services being down... I'm really sick of virgin doing NOTHING. the only reply I had was from Zoe F and I was told my problem was forwarded to another team........ That's it.... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting, still nithong has been done!!

What did Zoe_F say when you PM'd them?
Have you followed it up?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

STILL BEING IGNORED, STILL HAVING PROBLEMS.

Ping spiking to insane levels, making general task and gaming impossible. 

This is the 5th message? 7th phone call to have it go dead (because you are busy?) 

I have explained my problem over and over, and yet NONE of you have taken me serious, almost like you are putting it under the carpet, been with virgin 7 years.  

Yes i understand this virus is causing problems for you, but really? straight doing nothing when i have had friends have problems and it be fixed within a day or so. 

Zoe_F told me she forwarded my problem to the "network team" i have heard NOTHING, and its just as bad as when it started. 

For the love of god. PLEASE FIX MY ISSUE. its been a WEEK. going 100% insane, having nothing to do because you guessed it we cant go out much. 

Do something and take this to the level above and help me. 

Sorry if i come across rude but i have had enough!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: STILL BEING IGNORED, STILL HAVING PROBLEMS.

I have had exactly the same, being ignored on all fronts. Perhaps this needs to be taken to the media? I'll be contacting as many newspapers as I can tomorrow, this is absolutely absurd.

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin Media M4 connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You need to keep to your existing threads please.

Making multiples won’t help any matters. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No.

"wont help any matters" 

You clearly didnt understand my message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

5 months of issues here

From what i have been told from multiple sources is that VM oversubscribe to areas but don't upgrade the infrastructure which causes latency and packet loss.

It started in the evenings where i will be lagging online. I had enough by march and called the broadband team.

They said it is my ps4 and forced me to join gadget rescue if i wanted it 'fixed'.

Waste of time and money. They basically did the same things i had already tried. Port forwarding, dmz etc

So i came here and basically were told there was nothing wrong on their end. It taken 10 days for them to admit there actually was an issue.

By then, we were in lockdown and my issues were now throughout the day and impossible to play any online game.

Finally got an engineer here on Friday and he said i will have a new line installed within 2 days.

No one turned up and on monday, i received a message saying that an appointment had been booked for the 12th.

I was told the new line will fix my issues but I'm not 100% certain it will.